Monday, October 8, 2012

Insecurities

While watching  "The voice" today (on demand). During the interview session,  one of the contestants  she said she had insecurity issues. Talking about her weight and being bullied in school, and one thing she said that caught my ears was "I have insecurity issues, and I'm gonna be insecure for life". She just destroyed herself.  Why would she say she was gonna be insecure for life?  We all have insecurity issues, but we should never claim them.
I used to be so insecure. Growing up I was so  skinny and tall for my age, and also a  timid little girl. Everyone made fun of me.  I hated my height, and my weight. I wanted to be a fat kid. Then I grew up to be a (I hate using the word 'FAT" but I'm gonna use it anyways) FAT adult ( yehhhhh I love the sound of that "ADULT"). And people still complain about my weight, and everyone keeps telling me to lose the weight and return to my high school weight of 120 pounds.  But when I was skinny, everyone around me wanted me to be fat. I got depressed about it, and insured about it also. Most times I look at myself in the mirror, and I go, "dang I hate my body".  I realized that was the  insecure side of me talking. Then one day I had the "AHHH" moment, I am beautiful, I love my body, I love how I look. I might not weigh 120 pounds anymore, but I am a confident woman. And I am proud to be me.

I still want to lose some pounds, to get to a healthy weight, not because someone wants me to be skinny or because I wanna look like Beyonce (Yeh B u beautiful alright), but I am doing it for me. Not to look sexy (I am already a sexy diva), or be like one of those models in magazines.
 What I am saying in general, never let your insecurities define who you are, be unique, and different. Love your self first, cos if you don't love yourself, no one would love you.
Your insecurities don't make you, THEY ONLY BREAK YOU.
Peace out and good nite...

2 comments:

  1. Leave the detractors alone,they are only doing their work,love covers all.their is an extra motivation that your admirers like me,have for u,that blindfold us to all the loop holes the faults finders always point at.if we had met on 13th august 2012,(a date i would never forget).I would av lifted you shoulder high,and turned you round and round,bcos i don't see you as 'FAT' but rather 'ENDOWED'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol... thanks my Anonymous friend who i also know..

      Delete