Monday, January 9, 2012

Waiting for the perfect mate...

Oya, enough of #OccupyNigeria for now, I want to talk about matters that concerns the heart (not every heart sha).
Ive heard so many Singles (Esp ladies) talk about meeting the perfect person. Interesting I must say. But does the word "Perfect" exist in our world today? (you can answer that on ur own). I happen to ask people what they mean by being with a "Perfect" mate; and they say all sorts of things from the profession, to money, looks, height, and all..
I laugh out very loud. I remember when I was in high school, I used to have a book, where I wrote about the kind of man I wanted to marry (Building castles in the air), I said he has to be tall, not too ugly, not too fine, in between, makes a lot of money, blah blah blah(I was just 16), so bear with me that I had so many fantasies,reality never dawned on me.
Well, as I got older, I began to realize that "Perfect" only exists with God, I am yet to meet a perfect human begin.
I remember growing up, my aunt used to tell me stories, and I remember one about a beautiful woman, who was single. Men came from far and wide to have her hand in marriage. She turned all of them down. One day, a spirit ( well he was a monster) in the forest heard about this woman, and said he was going to woo her to marry him. Mind you he wasnt a complete creature. So before embarking on his journey, he borrowed hands, legs, eyes, mouth, face, and everything to look complete. He looked so handsome. He go to the village where this girl lived and like other men, asked for her hand in marriage. Immediately, she accepted and he took her away. So as the custom implied, he took her to his home (The forest). As they walked, she wondered where he was taking her to. They walked and walked and walked, deep inside the forest. On their way, the so called handsome man began to return all the parts he borrowed. By the time it was too late for her, she realized she married a mosnter, and he ate her up (lol, well some said she ran away and went back home, this is my own version).
Moral of the story; not all that glitters is gold.
We all want perfect, but before you find perfect, you have to be perfect also. And for those of you waiting for the perfect man or woman, well before its too late........

No comments:

Post a Comment