Friday, October 5, 2012

Fear

I have learnt somethings about fear, in the past. Fear of the Unknown, fear of failure, even the fear to succeed. And one thing I realized is that FEAR is not of GOD... but its of the devil. He places this spirit of fear in us, and we begin to believe it. I remember growing up, I was so scared of science and math classes (yes sciences.. ie Biology, Chemistry, Physics), and I wanted to become a lawyer because there wasn't going to be any math or science involved (not that im saying that all lawyers are scared of math or science or are not geniuses). I was looking for the easy way out to escape math and science classes. So fast forward to 2005. I came to the US, and being a Nigerian, people advised us (mom, dad, Oge and I ) to do Nursing. BOOMMMM.... I was like oh HELL NO... I didn't like nurses, let alone become one. Well as the bible say honor ur parents shey? So I started taking my science classes, and math classes. Funny enough I failed Bio107 (at Montgomery College) 2 times. YES I FAILED THAT CLASS TWICE, WHY? Cos I had the same mentality of being scared of Science classes, but on the third trial (which was my last chance), I passed it, because It was also a human like me who created these formulas and steps..
      What am I blabbing about here. Fear can stop you from moving forward in life. Whenever the spirit of fear decides to knock on ur door always remember that "God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of LOVE AND A SOUND MIND" 2nd Timothy 1:7.

No comments:

Post a Comment