Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Food stamp challenge Day 1 and I am STARVING....

I  started a class project in my women's health class, and its called " The Food stamp challenge". In this class project I'm  supposed to spend only $30 a week on food that is $4.30 a day. Like really? This challenge is to experience how people on food stamps in America survive on $30 a day on food, and how to make healthy food choices on a low budget income.
 I love my spinach Stromboli from Sabaros at the University of Maryland food court, for $4.98; living on a budget for a week, I wont be able to afford my Italian lunch (sad face).
Well the challenge started today, and boy was I starving. First I woke up late, and was 16 mins late for my 8am class, (I hate 8 am classes). While heading for the door, I grabbed an apple and a yoplait yogurt. I had the apple for breakfast and forgot the yoplait yogurt in my car (still in my car as I speak). After 12 hours of hunger, I got home to consume a 2 day old bowl of  rice in my fridge. Any who I survived the first day of the food challenge, 6 more days to go.
  So far, Ive done my shopping for the week, and  this is a list of my shopping;
1 nature promise whole wheat bread for $2.50,
10 cups of yoplait yogurt for $10,
 a gallon of milk  for $3.89
 a variety oatmeal for $2.99 and
a bag of apples for $3.99.
 Just listing this, I just realized that I just bought items for breakfast and snacks, no lunch or dinner (or lord, im gonna lose 10 pounds by Monday).  I hope to finish this challenge by abiding by the rules... (sighs deeply)
ONE DAY DOWN....... 6 MORE TO GO.


One more thing, part of this challenge is that I cannot dine out, or eat at any parties or accept any free food. YEH, I CANNOT ACCEPT ANY FREE FOOD.......My co worker feeds me every Fridays.So  for this week, I have to reject her food.
Does anyone want to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment