Friday, July 19, 2013

Lifestyle upgrade lol..

Now that I have finally accepted that I have type 2 diabetes I decided to do a makeover of my poor lifestyle. So I decided to change what I eat. No eba, fufu,iyan(pounded yam) or any high starchy foods. Oh I forgot rice. Well I dont know if I can do away with rice sha. But I will try. I have incorporated new things to my diet. Like replacing rice with pasta, and twix (yeh that too) with carrots and ranch dressing. Have no gym membership yet so I jog twice a week for a start and I take the stairs at work instead of the elevator.
The difficult thing for me is taking meds. Arghhh I hate meds. All meds. But I need my metformin though to reduce it.
When I first knew I had diabetes, I was sad and sightly depressed.  I think I lost 15 pounds. But now that ive accepted it, I think about the people in my life, and how they would be greatly affected if anything happens to me. So I am making this change not just for me  but for my unborn kids, my husband to be , my parents and my siblings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment