Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Living with type2

I have always been the healthy one in my family.  I try exercising and all that stuffs. Couple of years ago, I lost my mom to complications of type 2 diabetes.  Just early this year I got diagnosed with type2 at 26. Depressing huh? Yup. First I thought I was  going to die ,but then I decided to change my diet by eating healthy.
At my job I try to educate diabetic patients on how to regulate their sugar intake. But I dont even regulate mines. Like today, I didnt even check my blood sugar. 
Diabetes causes several complications to the body.  It damages ones system gradually. People also get amputated by loosing either upper or lower extremities.
Living with diabetes can be controlled in so many ways. The highly recommend way is diet and exercise. 
Reduce sugar intake
Check the amount of sugar ur food contains
And finally take ur meds regularly. 
I do hope that someday a proper cure for diabetes will be found.

4 comments:

  1. Hey sweet.
    Diabetes? Wow!!!!!!!!!!
    When I saw the title of ur write up on fb, I was really scared.
    It is well with u dear.
    Love you always.

    Titilola Owolabi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sis.. I am trying to create an awareness of it. It is mostly genetic. Runs in my maternal side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. does the normal table sugar causes diabetes ?
    Your stalker

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diabetes is when the pancreas isnt producing insulin. And ur body is not regulating the suger intake in ur system. So if u take alot of sugar or food items that contain alot of sugar it will increase ur blood glucose level.

    ReplyDelete